Seeking candidates for 3-4 12 hour shifts per week.
Location: Hall Green, West Midlands.
Full job description available via link below:
Purpose of position
- To promote a caring environment for the residents through high standards of practice which meets their physical emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs.
- To ensure each resident receives the appropriate care as detailed in their individual care plans.
- To support the management in the implementation of the ‘Essential Standards of Quality and Safety for Adults’ published in accordance with the Care Quality Commission.
- Be prepared to undertake relevant training as required and work towards completion of NVQ Level 2 as a minimum requirement.
- Hold or be working towards all mandatory training courses (see training schedule attached)
- Accessible, approachable and respectful to Residents, other staff and visitors at all times.
- Basic numeric and literacy skills
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and helpful
- Able to manage time and tasks effectively
- Reliable, honest and punctual
- Previous work experience
- Understanding of COSHH
- Interested, motivated and committed
- Smart/Well Presented
- Report both verbally and in writing on service users general condition and wellbeing.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for the service users and staff.
- Assist in maintaining records and care plans on each shift.
- Make beds and generally help with maintaining a clean and tidy environment.
- Assist in the collection of specimens and samples.
- Act as chaperon for staff as may be required.
- Assist service users in maintaining their personal hygiene, dressing and going to bed.
- Report accidents and incidents to the person in charge or senior member of staff on duty.
Care of Service users
- Assist in the care of all service users.
- Promote independence and dignity of service users.
- Assist in enabling service users to live their chosen lifestyle.
- Talk and listen to service users.
- Participate in social activities directed at benefiting service users’ quality of life.
- Report complaints directly to the person in charge as soon as they are made.
- Maintain confidential information at all times
- Work within the policies, procedures and guidelines of the Homes’ Quality Management System.
- You must always be willing to agree on personal development targets and do your best to meet all your targets within the set deadlines
|Hourly rate||Min. Wage to £8.50|
|Hours per week||36-48|
|Shift length||12 hours|
|Shift pattern||3-4 x day shifts|
|Days you will work||Mon - Sun|
|Vocational qualification required||NVQ Level 2 - 3 Health and Social Care|
|Experience required||12 mths desired|